Sunday, July 23, 2006

Geocaching

Admittedly I don't think many people read this blog, so since I know my friend Jared Covili does this post is more for him than anyone else. So clear back in January Jared told me all about this crazy hi-tech hide and seek game called geocaching. Using a gps you go to cooridinates where someone has hidden an item. Some are easy some are hard, some are really hard. Well we have gone a few times, mainly Jared and his fam and me, Kelsey, Natalie, and Porter. The kids really enjoyed it, but I never wanted to throw down $150.00 mainly I thought it would be a passing fancy with our family. So I waited and waited I heard about this community mapping class where you get a free gps so I decided that is what I would do, wait. Well now I have my own gps and after yesterday I must say the addiction started to settle in. I found about 8, but went to 2 I had already done, so now I have 30. I couldn't find a few, and after reading the logs one seems to be gone! Here is where I know I was getting addicted. I had to make a late night run to get milk and I thought what the heck, I'll try again, so I grabbed a flashlight and tried again. It was no good, but kind of exhilirating to do it in the dark. So is this a new hobby or passing fancy? Still too soon to tell, but I guess you could say its like smoking, no one gets addicted after one or two. After 30? Maybe. By the way thanks Jared.

No comments: