
I would have to say that in the past we have usually set up for Christmas during the Thanksgiving weekend, this year we waited until December. After our turkey dinner, which I need to add was about as good as any homemade turkey I have eaten(I heard a tip on sportstalk that made the difference, marinate the turkey for 18 hours with a mixture of a cup of salt to 1 gallon of water--the gravy was as good as any gravy I've ever had) we read scriptures. Our bishop emotionally urged all members of the ward to read their scriptures and pray together each day during this month, but especially until Christmas. We decided that we would read the book of Matthew.



Afterwards we pulled out all the Christmas decorations, put on some holiday favorites, and decorated the house. Over the years Janalynn has collected quite an assortment of Nativity sets, and frankly part of the challenge is finding a place for each of them. I will say that this is actually something I really enjoy--not so much the decorating--I mean all the Nativity sets. In the end we got just about everything out, realized we need to get rid of some of it, and everyone joined in and had an enjoyable time.
No comments:
Post a Comment