Monday, October 11, 2010

computer issues solved?

Our motherboard had to be replaced right around when school started. It was thankfully, but that set off a chain reaction of other problems. For some reason with the new motherboard vista didn't like our configuration and wanted us to reactivate. That was a pain to deal with. Then the dvd burner stopped working. My tech guy slaved away and did all he could, but we were stuck. Apparently when upgrading to servicepack two on vista a lot of people had their dvd drive stop working. The only fix would be to upgrade to windows 7. Luckily as a district employee I have very nice discount. So I purchased and downloaded 7. I had to burn a disk. Finally got it done and then at the end of the installation it all crashed.

This was terrible. I couldn't finish the installation, it kept freezing at the same spot, and I couldn't stop it from installing. I was in a bad place. I spent the day retrying and thinking of other ways to fix it. Alas nothing worked. Then around 11 pm before I went to bed I tried again. It got to the part it kept freezing at and magically it worked.

I am back up and really like windows7. Vista was a pain and full of problems. Things are going well. I am just glad it is all working. Finally. Keep your fingers crossed

No comments: