Tuesday, November 09, 2010
FIRST CRASH
While west driving down Gentile street I was hit by a car turning left out from King street. This was a weird moment. When I saw the car pull out I knew there was no time to stop or swerve, although I tried both. I knew I was going to hit her and that there was nothing I could do. Nothing. It was a surreal moment when the cars hit. Unavoidable from my vantage point. I am guessing she was focused on the other lane of traffic and saw her opening and then went for it, without again looking back to the other lane. She didn't really remember what happened and just didn't see me. 20 yr old girl. Felt bad for her. Felt bad for my car. Luckily no one was hurt. Not a scratch. It could have been much worse. I could have tee-boned her car and slammed into right where she was sitting. Luckily it didn't happen. They towed my car off, we'll find out soon enough how much damage was done. My hands shook for about another hour. I was only going 30 mph, can't imagine what it would be like if I was going 65 mph. My first crash. One experience I could pass on. Just got my car registered and safety and emissioned last week. If the car is toast there goes that $250. I am fine, just shook up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Scary! Glad everyone is okay. I hope your car is too!
Post a Comment