Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting a Great Deal

I think most people want to get a great deal. I know that I want to get a high quality item at the lowest possible price. I know that you get what you pay for, so you have to make sure that what you are after is high quality. I have been searching for Janalynn's Christmas present for the past month. NOTE:I have to be a little cryptic because she may read the blog before the big day. Actually she is so busy right now that I almost want to risk it, but I am not going to.

So anyhow I have gone to about five different stores and looked at more places online to educate myself on this certain product. Let's just say that the real low end is about $20-30 and high end is upwards of $250 but it could get even more pricey. The problem is you get what you pay for with this product. After much thought I had decided that Target had the best quality/price for this item. Until today. A little bit of inspiration led me to Kohls. I have only been there one other time. I know they have killer sales so I was hoping.

After browsing and realizing it was going to be more than I wanted to pay I was about to leave when I looked down and found a package out of place in a different section. It was what I was looking for. Price tag $249.99. I went to put it back on the shelf, when to my amazement on the other side was a tag 80% off for $49.99. Then to greater amazement it was marked down to 90% off or $24.99. I stood in disbelief. What I had decided on was just as much, but not even in the same ball park for quality and even size. I ran to the counter and paid for it. Almost feeling like I had shoplifted.

I mean how often do you find an item that is regularly priced for a couple hundred bucks marked down 90%? They almost gave it away. Anyhow I will let you know what the product was after Jan opens it. Suffice to say I came home and opened it up just to make sure it was really in the box and that it was the quality I thought it was. And yes sure enough it was. I love finding the best deal. I enjoy the research behind it. I just hope Janalynn likes it as much as I like the deal.

No comments: