Okay so here we are halfway through the month and I have yet to post. Honestly I have been busy and part of me just doesn't have a whole lot to say right now. Surprising isn't it.
Porter lost his first tooth. To me this is one of the final milestones of the Pre-K stage. It will be cool to have him in school next year, but at the same time I will miss having a Pre-K kid. We have had them for a long time. Once he goes to school it will all be different. Not bad or even good just different. Believe me I am excited to have him old enough to take to games with me, or shoot hoops, play catch, go fishing, or any other dad/son activity. I think it is the end of innocence thing that is sad.
He was funny about the tooth thing. He wanted to go to bed by himself, which we are of course using against him in the aftermath. He was expecting five dollars. I warned him before hand that was a lofty aspiration, and while I appreciated his hope, it wasn't going to happen. Janalynn couldn't find the tooth upon the money exchange, but somehow he found it the next day and proudly carries it in his wallet. At tithing settlement today, he whipped it out for the bishop(none of us knew he had it prior to that). Not sure how long he will keep it before he loses it, but I can't imagine it will last a whole lot longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment