Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pres. Hinckley Passes


We all knew he was old(97) and was nearing that point in life and that
he could go at any time, I just didn't think it would be today.
Didn't really know he was sick. I do know he missed Thurs/Fri at
work--rarely misses. He had been the President since I was on my
mission. (We went through three presidents while I was gone, Benson,
Hunter, Hinckley). Hard to imagine he gave his last conference talk.
He has always been there, as long as I can remember. It will be
different without him leading and directing the church. I remember
quite vividly when I attended conference at the CC and he came out and
all arose and I knew he was THE prophet. My thoughts are quite
jumbled here, there is much we could say and reflect on. I just went
back and looked up the last few conferences. His final talk was the
one that was a repeat "The stone cut out of the mountain" I just
thought that was interesting. Here is a final quote of his: "I am
totally in the hands of the Lord."

No comments: