Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Temple


I am going to admit something I am not very proud of. Before going to St. George for a session I had not been in sometime. I can make excuses and even legitimate ones at that, but that is all they are. After going on Sat. to St. George I went Tues and Wed with my nephew Josh who just got his mission call to Indiana. He had only been one other time and I wasn't able to attend. So I thought we'd go since I had time. We went to Mt. Timp on Tues and Bountiful on Wed.

I must say that after Saturday I realized there was a longing in me to go again. That is partly why I went with Josh. I not only wanted to go, but I needed to go. The peace that I felt was something that had been missing from my life. I realized just how important it is to go and that this part of my life had been vacant for far too long.

Isn't it interesting that despite all the counsel we are given we struggle with what we would consider the basics. Praying and reading our scriptures daily, weekly FHE, monthly fasting, home teaching, and temple attendance. These are basic yet I struggle more than I should. After going to the temple I realized that I need the peace and sanctuary and solace. It shouldn't be an afterthought or a suggestion, but a scheduled event. I am a better person for it. And if anyone else needs a couple to go with to help them out, let us know we'd be glad for the support. Plus what a better way to spend your time than in a meaningful way.

No comments: