Thursday, December 07, 2006
Hit and Run
It is with a somber heart that I put down some thoughts on the recent hit and run near our school. Demitry Ponder, and 8th grader was hit on his way to Jazz Band practice. Unfortunately no one saw him get hit. It is really a sad thing. One of the mothers was driving her kid to school and thought she saw a dead animal on the side of the road, turns out is was Demitry. What a terrible thing to have happen! The kids at the school are pretty frazzled. On a personal note, he was the last kid I saw on my way out the door of the school the night before it happened. Admittedly he is not one of my students but I do know who he is. Here is the link to the rest of the story. Needless to say that not only is this a horrible thing to have happen it really gets to you that someone could do that and not even stop. I guess that is where the real problem in this case is. It is one thing to have hit Demitry, it is another completely to consider him as if he were nothing, just an obstacle in the road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment