Wednesday, June 16, 2010

12 Pac(k)


It finally happened. The swirling rumors came true and Utah got the invite to join the Pac-10. The journey the school has had over the last decade is remarkable. Proud to be a Ute right now. It will be nice to be back on tv, and play relevant teams. Plus in every case I wouldn't mind making the roadie to see any of these teams play. Southern California or Arizona in the fall/winter, how great is that? Who would have thought that this would have been possible ten years ago?

A few thoughts: I will never call the mwc or any other (non bcs) conference a mid major. I hated the term and think it is unfair and condescending. I hope the best for the conference, even the Y.
Can't wait to have USC, UCLA, and others come to Salt Lake every other year. Must say that beats Wyo, New Mexico, UNLV, etc...
I am glad the superconference thing didn't work, that was just evil.
I am also glad Texas stayed put, that division would have been brutal.
Not surprising the Y envy is almost humorous. Here is a taste of sour grapes from the voice of the Y-Greg Wrubell
"It's a day BYU supporters wish would never have arrived, but it's here. BYU will continue to occupy its place among the best schools and athletic programs in the country, but will do so in a way that is deemed by some to be "secondary" to an instate rival that attracts fewer fans, TV viewers and radio listeners, and boasts less national appeal."
Whatta whiner. Look I get that you aren't happy about this and can't be 'classy' about it, but that was simply funny. Who's the one with little brother envy? I don't want to say anymore, just had to laugh at how some people are taking it. I'm too giddy to be upset.

No comments: