This year we stayed at the Shiloh in Salt Lake. We had grand ideas for dinner, thought about trying the new Ruth's Chris Steakhouse until we saw the menu. I realized I could never be happy with a $42 steak. In the end I can get one for a whole lot cheaper and in many cases better or at least as good. Might be a great place but with my current economic status I could never feel good about it. Another point, is Ruth's Chris the single weirdest/dumbest name ever. The food must be great cause there is no way a place with a name like that could survive any other way. In the end we ate next door to the inn at the Macaroni Grill. Haven't been there for years. Nothing has changed. It's decent. Not much more I can say. Not bad, not great.
Went to Off Broadway Theater to see Robin Hood/Boyz in the Hood. Off Broadway used to have the Quick Wits which was roaring fun so I was mildly excited to see the play. Let's just say it was more silly than funny. If I was a teen I would have thought it more funny, but I'm not. It was entertaining, the actors spoke clearly, the sound was good, but I probably wouldn't pay the $16 admission again. There were a lot of one liners, way too many. Like I said it was silly not real funny.
Overall its hard to believe another year is down. Each year seems to have its difficulties, yet each year seems a little better than the preceding year. Probably I am just mellowing out. Thanks Jan for another love ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment