Thursday, June 03, 2010

Graduation



Yea I know it's hard to believe. I still am having trouble believing it happened. Okay let me rephrase, not so much that Kailey graduated, although that was more of a struggle than you'll know. No I am speaking to the fact that as a parent I have a graduate. Not sure what I think about that. As far the ceremony went it was nice, although it took a long time. Pomp is what I would call it. I am not one for graduations. I didn't attend my own at the U. The speakers were decent the ceremony was okay, its just with 453 graduates even going at one per every five or so seconds it just takes a while.
But I guess I need to say congrats to Kailey, we are proud of you and glad you are a good person and have reached this milestone in your life. Bravo!
Observations: I remember little of my own graduation. And no its not cause I had a little too much or drank something spiked. Its just a long time ago, almost twenty years and to be honest I don't see a whole lot of those people anymore.
I remember thinking it was a big deal to graduate, then I woke up the next morning and wondered what I was going to do with the rest of my life.
Graduations are a bit like the state fair, there are all types of people there.
If I could go back and do it again would I? NO! Maybe university life, but not high school. Too much drama and politicking. Now life at the U, that's a different story.
Went to eat at golden corral. That could be a completely different blog post. While they have a little bit of everything, I was having trouble picking something that was really good. Yea I know its a buffet and all, but still, didn't really have anything that made me want more.

2 comments:

Lisel said...

Congrats to Kailey! Graduations are always boring and too long, but you gotta have the cap & gown pics!!

jkennington said...

I am so proud of the beautiful, and wholsome girl you are Kailey!!!Yes I am a proud grandma!!!!!!I was so glad to be there with you and your mom and dad. It took a lot of hard work for you, congratulations!
Jared, I think you are a great teacher too! I wish some of my kids could have had you or someone like you for a teacher. You certainly make a difference in kids lives. I love you! Your Mom-in-Law