Saturday, February 06, 2010
Don's Meats
When I was a kid and learned about the butcher I was always a bit scared. For some reason I pictured a guy with a meat cleaver and blood splattered all over his apron. Since that time I have realized the big difference between a butcher and just buying meat in the grocery store. I was introduced to Don's Meats about a year ago and since that moment can't get enough. It is where we buy our cheese, $1.99 per pound--cheaper and better than at the grocery store, chicken nuggets %7.99 for a 5 pound bag--cheaper and better than at the grocery store, steaks of any kind, but especially tri tips in which they will season for you. I love the Las Vegas seasoning, it is more garlicky and hotter than their other seasoning, the Santa Maria, but both are great. We get our roasts, sausage, ground beef and just about everything meat wise from them. The prices are nearly similar, but the taste is not. In fact when it comes to steak we won't buy from grocery stores anymore. Love the butcher, now if only it were spring and I could pull out the grill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment