Thursday, January 11, 2007
Monday, Monday
I realize I am a few days removed, but maybe that is why I am able to do this and look back and laugh. I woke up at around 4:30, glanced at the clock and went back to sleep. When I woke up again I just laid there, waiting for my alarm to go off. It didn't. Finally I thought "It feels like I should be up." I reached over grabbed the clock and to my utter dismay it flashed 6:47. I carpool with Mark Mageras and I am supposed to be at his house at 6:45 so I knew this was going to be a problem. (Note: The cobwebs and grogginess I had felt moments before were completely eradicated with my knowledge of what time it was. I was now wide awake.) I raced to the phone and let Mark know what was going on. I then got ready as quickly as I could. As I was rushing out the door in record time I went to grab my wallet only to realize it was missing. I spent a good ten minutes,(Note 2: mind you ten minutes I didn't have) searching for it to no avail. This of course threw my mind off and yet I had to hurry. There was a small chance I may have left it in the car (Note 3: This was due to a pizza run Saturday night, the last time I remember using my wallet) When I opened the door to my garage, I could see the driveway, which meant we had left the garage door open all night. The wallet was not in the car. (Note 4: I never really thought it was stolen out of the car, but of course all I could think about was what was missing in my wallet and how big of a pain it was going to be to cancel cards and get a new license, etc...) I took Janalynn's bank card cause I knew I was completely out of gas. As you can see this was not going real fast, I got a few dollars in gas, which put me further behind, and got on the freeway only to be greeted with solid red brake lights. Granted I was leaving nearly an hour late (Note 5: I usually leave my house around 6:20/30, it was 7:15, which meant I was hitting rush hour. Here is another point why do they call it rush hour? I can tell you no one is rushing, stop and go is more like it. My max speed to Marks house was 32 mph, normally it is 65/70). There were two wrecks, albeit minor ones, from my house to Mark's. I didn't pull up to his house until 7:45. (Note 6: Yes this is when school is starting. Normally it takes about 25/30 minutes to get from Mark's house to the school. So we both knew we were going to be late.) This is, however, where I guess you could say that things started making a turn for the better. When Mark got in the car he said, "Your wife called and your wallet has been found." I really can't relate how utterly elated I was, the whole way to Mark's house it was all I could think of. We got to school at 8:13, which was pretty good. I must say after having lived that day out now, it was a good day with a terrible morning. But what more can you expect on a Monday?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment