Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Return 1/18


First off if you haven't seen the producer's cut then watch it. There isn't a whole lot new, but what is, is totally great. I won't get into that with this though.

Great episode, nice to have two really good ones back to back. What can you even say about the Rockin Robin telephone? I loved when Jim says, "Are you going to answer that?" Andy is proving to be a little too annoying. He may have to leave. That was great when he punched the wall and Pam said, "I think we broke his brain."

Jim and Pam back together? Maybe but don't get too excited yet. Pam still hasn't done anything yet. I see a few possible outcomes, Karen goes to Pam and gets Pam to go to Jim, or Karen fights it. I am not sure which one we will see. I will say that I see no reason to rush anything. Pam must go to Jim to get him, that much is clear. I am glad that Jim is sticking to his guns.

Michael was never annoyed by Dwight and I guess his own explanation about Dwight sucking up because he loves him is endearing. Michael is clearly bugged by Andy, who wouldn't be, even as big as a dolt that Michael is he can see it. Well sort of, in the Producers Cut, Jim helps out. Even Jim misses Dwight. As he puts it, "Congratulations universe, you win."

There were a lot of great lines that I want to hit so let's get to it.

Dwight and his multiple resumes including "Athletic and Special Skills" and "Dwight Schrute Trivia" was great. When do we get a look into these marvelous works?

"3 words; hardworking, alpha-male, jackhammer, merciless, insatiable."

"Mexicanity"

"Gaycation" "I thought of that like 2 seconds after you left"

"Have you heard of paper?"

"Well I'll take that as a maybe."

"I don't like him, his giant head, or his beady little eyes."

"I will literally be standing right here if you need anything."

"I liked you better as the temp" "Me too"

But my favorite lines were actually Michaels:
"Up in my bitnis, which is ebonics for being in my face and annoying the bejesus out of me."

"I don't understand how someone can have so little self awarness."

Your thoughts? BTW anyone should be able to post, Google account or not. FYI you may want to copy your comment before publishing.

1 comment:

grass said...

Did anyone notice the music playing when Michael made his dramatic entrance to retrieve Dwight? I didn't. But someone pointed it out to me. Apparently it's the same music that was played in An Officer and a Gentleman when a young Richard Gere (Gerbil) goes after the girl he loves. I saw it like 20+ years ago so I don't remember...but I think the scene took place by a swimming pool.

I will not cry when Andy leaves the show, and I hope it's soon.

And now, I refer to the episode two weeks ago, when Dwight resigned. This could possibly be my favorite moment, and I know there have been funnier, but this is etched in my mind. Near the beginning of the episode Angela distractedly picks out some candy, jelly beans or something, from a bowl on Pam's desk, turns around, and lays the candy on the counter and says, "I don't want these." She is a great character, I just hope they don't go overboard with her. Every viewer I know appreciates her role...but I feel the writers go overboard with the personalities at times...and we don't want too much of Angela.

If anyone is looking for some more good intelligent writing, Studio 60 is a great show to watch. Mondays at 9pm. Takes me 90 minutes to watch the 60 minute show so I can catch all the dialogue.