Thursday, October 18, 2007

Surprise, Well sort of



When I went to leave this morning my car had been tagged in the night with yellow marker saying "HONK it's my birthday" all over it. It was also full of balloons. Janalynn likes to embarrass me, that's not really my style, but she likes to do it. Normally I would have washed it off first thing, but I wanted to make her happy so I left in both ways of the commute.

One funny note is that I needed to get gas, so I pulled off the freeway and was going to a gas station when this big rig in the next lane started honking. I was ticked off, I looked around, I had done everything right, he was just being a jerk. I pulled in the gas station, started to fuel up, stared right at the windows and laughed. Guess he wasn't such a jerk. I got about 5-6 more honks.

At school my advisory and 2nd period(8th graders) teamed up and decorated my room. They brought cake, doughnuts, and drinks. We had a fun time.





Came home and Porter rolled out from under the coffee table and the rest of the crew said surprise. Got a new shirt, sunglasses, and belt.

Matt Smith, Paul Matthews, and TJ came over had pizza and watched the Utes beat TCU. Boston won as well. In all it was a fun day.

On a more thoughtful note it was hearwarming that I received all the attention I did. I have to admit the most touching moment, in kind of a funny way was when the students all signed a Batman card for me. We have argued over who was cooler, Batman or Spiderman all year. Guess they conceded on my birthday. I knew I would get stuff from my fam, knew that someone (Chrissy in this case) would buy me lunch, knew my friends would come over and watch the game, but had no idea these kids could be this thoughtful. It was nice, I have to admit. I'm not really one for the attention, but I'll take it once a year.

No comments: