Friday, June 08, 2007

deja vu all over again (5)











I was uncertain what to call today. The pics above represent Natalie taking pictures. What you see is what she saw.

The days are becoming similar and I am finding new ways to waste a lot of time.

As stupid as this really is my major accomplishment of the day was beating guitar hero on hard. Yes after finally passing carry me home, the rest was relatively easy. Nothing gave me a whole lot of trouble. Unfortunately this hasn't made me a better guitar player, just a bigger couch potato. But it was pretty cool.

Our ward party tonight was interesting. I won't come out and say it was stupid or anything, just different. A half hour before the party started someone came around with a note that explained we needed to bring a 72 hr. kit and sleeping bags to the church. Ahh okay, whatever. We pulled the 72 hr kit out of the van, but most people brought all their gear. Some brought none. Food was paltry, carrots, chips, bottled water, and a roll w/tuna or chicken. So yeah I was really bummed out. You couldn't even really talk cause the committee had so much advice to give. They had great intentions, but it was lousy to get to know people better. One point I think needs to be made is that many people didn't go, I would guess because they either didn't have a 72 hr. kit or they didn't want to haul their sleeping bags around. If the point is to get people out and socializing this event didn't do so hot.

We rented Deja Vu. This movie had a lot of potential but because of such a crazy explanation it kinda failed. It was an average show that could have been real good. A few years ago Frequency came out and it had a rather implausible story, but it worked and was a real good show, this one had that kinda potential, but it got too technical and smart for its own good. The acting was good and overall it was decent but it could have been so much better, it reminded me of Finding Forrester, a lot of potential but never really got going. Frequency is a great movie, probably on my top ten, deja vu wouldn't make my top 100.

No comments: