Wednesday, June 20, 2007

new job

I have had all these grand ideas about what I am going to do this summer to earn some money, so far nothing really has materialized. I was gonna go sprinklers but that fell through, I was gonna aerate, but I need to wait til the fall, I was gonna do some other things but they all kinda fell through. So last night I was driving home from the store and passed this sign that said Great Pay, Need Workers. I thought what the heck, so I called up and left a message. Needless to say I had no idea what this company was all about. This morning I was surprised no one had called me back, I waited until about 10:30 and since I was doing nothing I decided to drive over there. This is where the story gets good. I told the secretary I was interested and she had me fill out an application. I asked if there was someone there I could talk to, she said after I filled out the app. I then felt my phone vibrate, I picked up, didn't recognize the number and answered. It was the head guy calling me back. I told him I was in the front filling out an app, he told me to get upstairs ASAP. Is that unreal or what. I think both of us felt some level of destiny.

So here is the business, they are parking lot and road stripers. Wild huh? Who would have ever thought that I would be involved in such an operation. I will say that this bit of destiny seemed to make the head guy twinkle with stars in his eyes when I said I was a college grad and a responsible adult. He got so caught up he talked about me making 60,000 a year and them buying me a truck. I was stunned. I just wanted a job for the rest of summer, and they wanted me to work forever without seeing me work. It was wild. I haven't ever had an interview quite like that.

AFterwards Agbor came over with his xbox, his controllers and his game only to have me beat the snot out of him 4 out of 5 games in Madden. I won a total of 131 to 44, with two shutouts and the game he won he barely eeked out.

Porter and I went geocaching for the first time up in Layton. It was pretty fun and we got to know the area better. Porter got a little flashlight that delighted him to no end. I now have 111 caches.

No comments: