Friday, August 15, 2008

davis county fair




Every year the girls have a night out with cousins. This year is was at aunt Lisa's home. I am sure they stayed up late, gave makeovers, painted nails and did girly stuff. That meant me and Porter were on our own. I called my friend Matthew and met him and his family at the fair.


We have gone there each year since we have been here (3rd time) each year it has gotten a bit bigger. This year they had a lot of stuff for kids to do, Porter found this water pump that you sent rubber duckies down a gutter by pumping water. He spent a good twenty minutes there and would have spent longer if I would have let him. This kids are and science discovery were much needed additions.

We waited about twenty minutes in line for the pony ride, which lasted about two minutes. Porter thought the wait was worth it, so I guess it was.

Porter was scared of all the animals. Matt's kids touched and petted everything from goats, pigs, cows, to snakes and tarantulas. Porter kept his distance. He did pet most of the animals, not the snakes or spiders, but was reserved and abrupt. It was kind of funny to watch this kid who can tell you all about superheroes and villains yet freak out about a goat.

Apparently we missed the all you can eat ice cream. I have to say that was a major bummer to miss.

Overall the fair is okay. The kiddie items were nice and a good addition, but how many goats and cows do you really need to see? The way the prices were I would eat before you came, even stopping at a place before you got there would be cheaper.

No comments: