Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Lagooned Out


Notice the fake smiles. This isn't as fun as it was. Once a year may be the right amount.



This year we bought the all you can ride pass. This has become more of a chore than fun. We thought that since I had the summer off we would go a lot and it wouldn't be too crowded during the day. That is only somewhat true.

It has been less crowded but has been more crowded than we thought it would be. It also has been really really hot. The fact that Natalie and Porter can't ride every ride is also problematic. We have to split up and someone gets either stuck watching them ride or riding the kiddie rides with them. After an hour it loses its luster.

Lagoon is a hot place. My image is of long lines and sweat. Like the state fair it draws Utah's finest (I am joking in case you can't tell). I have seen so many bad tattoos, gauged ears, and bra straps to last a lifetime. The lady in front of me in line today, in kiddie land mind you, had a shirt that said "This b@#$% doesn't fall off." I don't know what that means. In fact I don't want to know what it means, but this lack of class and common decorum is not only lame and classless, but degrading and shows little self respect. Believe me if you feel your family is lame, out of touch, weird, or trashy, all you have to do is go to Lagoon and you will realize that your family is not the worst in any of these areas.

I think when Porter and Natalie are a few years older we will buy passes again. But for next year I think we are all lagooned out. It just takes all the fun out of going.
BTW the new camera works great, the pics are nice

No comments: