Wednesday, May 14, 2008

2 years and 250 posts later...

I just recently eclipsed 250 posts and 2 years. In honor of this event I am dedicating this posts to 25 things you most likely had no idea about. Some are quirky, some weird, some stupid, but all are me. These appear in no order:

After I park at the school lot I run into the building every morning. I do the same thing when I park at any store(only if I am solo). It is like my way of gearing up.

I really like Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway album. I have it on my ipod and the cd is in my car. If you ask me in public I won't admit it.

I get bugged by people(mainly my kids) putting ranch on everything before they eat it.

When I am at my house watching a Jazz game I can hardly watch it if it is close. I am constantly changing channels. I am too nervous we will lose. Many times I will go upstairs and watch it up there and then come back down. No matter how upset I get though and no matter how bad we are losing, I still can't help switching back to the game to see if we have made an improbable comeback.

I won't ever buy soda for myself to drink. I will drink it if someone else has purchased it. I don't really like 'em and I think they are a waste of cash, plus this system keeps me from drinking them.

I make a killer steak. In fact I do such a good job that none of us will order one if we eat out, cause I can do better--and for a heckuva lot less. I am good at grilling just about anything. I take over the grill at the in-laws, they usually burn everything.

I still try to live the scout motto "Do a good turn daily" And really get bugged if I feel like I haven't done something good for someone else.

I think spiderman is a big sissy and that Batman is much tougher and better.

I can't sit in my room for my preparation period, well at least after I get rid of a class. I have to walk around the school and move around before I can get to work. I wish I could just stay in my room and get done what I need to, but I can't I have to move around and mingle with people.

I can't stand wasting my time on a dumb or bad movie.(I know that rules out nearly every romantic comedy--oh wait, did I just write that.)

I get real upset if locals don't cheer for the Jazz. I mean we live in Utah not any other place. That is why we have a home team. Don't get me started. In fact I chewed a kid out earlier this week about this.

I hate to lose so much that if I can get away with cheating I will. Not in every setting--mainly like with couples or guys vs. girls. In a sport setting I try to be a good sport and lose graciously. If it is guys vs. girls though, I live up to the phrase,
If you're not cheating, you're not trying


I won't buy tomatoes from the store. I can't do it. I love the homegrown ones way too much. Plus who wants to eat a green tomato(that's what they really are, even if they do look red)

If I had to eat fast food, I would take Apollo Burger (Atlantis, Crown, or Astro are the same just pricier) over all the rest. Best fries, best cheeseburger, great onion rings, and good sauce.

I like to write, as evidenced by this blog, and have written a few short stories and have started writing a book(really since I was about 12), I just don't have the time to give it the effort I need to make it work the way I want. In school I was the sports editor for the newspaper and almost went that way, alas I like people too much.

There are few things I detest more than meanness, cruelty, and injustice. It really drives me nuts.

Chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven are my absolute favorite thing. We make them every Sunday, keep some for us, and each week we rotate on who gets to pick a family/person to give them to.

I almost started to read Twilight at the behest of the girls, but then I realized I would be the only guy I know that has read it, so for that reason-petty as it seems-I declined.

As much as I like George Washington, I consider Abraham Lincoln the best president. What he did is truly amazing when you take into context the state of the country at the time.

When I worked at Benchmark I would get on the secretary's computer, when she wasn't around and type things like "Help, I'm stuck in the computer." This went on for months, she never did realize it was me. One time she asked me to watch her computer while she left the room, she said that someone kept getting on and typing stuff whenever she got up. I just smiled.

I will only buy black basketball shoes. Don't ask, its just one of my stupid things.

My favorite movie of all time is Braveheart. I know of about 10 other guys my age who all feel the same. For some reason it really struck something with the males my age. U2/Collective Soul/Led Zeppelin are my favorite bands. Throwing Copper by Live is my favorite album of all time. When I was a kid Scooby Doo was favorite show, then it was Seinfeld, now it is the Office.

Like most kids in Utah I was a BYU fan. Then I grew up.

I put hot sauce(I'm hooked on Frank's) on most things I eat, but as a rule only mustard on a hot dog, as my dad would say, "ketchup is for kids."

I have recently gone to dying my hair. I have a grey spot up front that is just too noticeable. If it was widespread I would just run with it, but I can't handle having the grey. But again I would never admit this in public.

There you have it 25 things.

3 comments:

Biffy said...

1. I openly admit I like Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway album.
2. So you did cheat at bowling, huh? Too bad some GIRL still beat you!
3. Don't read Twilight. I've read the series. They do hook you, but the whole time you're thinking, "I could have written this." Or you're thinking, "This is so redundant and stupid, why am I reading this?" The main character is a whiny, needy crybaby. She bugs the crap out of me. But, one could argue that for me to have such a strong emotional response is effective writing. I disagree. Bella is a twit. The whole vampire thing is intriguing, but still...
4. I think the grey actually looks kinda cool.

Congrats on 250.

jfasioe said...

you can openly admit you like the album--cause you are a girl.

I am not sure how we would have cheated at bowling. You can't really fake knocking down the pins.

I have no plans to ever read twilight.

kinda cool isn't really cool. plus taking crap from students is no fun

Unknown said...

I can openly admit that I don't like the Kelly Clarkson album, although I did buy it for my wife...