Friday, November 30, 2007

Final night of NaBloPoMo Go Jazz!!!





This month I have posted everyday. Wow! I'll be honest a few times I had gone to bed only to remember that I needed to post and actually had the wherewithal to get out of bed and post. I have kinda liked it, but at the same time it was difficult and a few times I had to really think before I posted.

Tonight I am going to post about the Jazz. I don't believe I have really covered them this season. First off I have been lucky enough to go to games as a kid, work for them in my early 20's and then go to the suite after that. I have been to countless games and as Hot Rod Hundley would say, loved every minute of it. Most people probably think the basketball is my favorite sport because of this and the fact I coach it, but football ranks higher and I love to play volleyball with people who know how to play. I have always loved the Jazz and since we have no MLB or NFL team they have always been my very favorite team. My dad was the biggest Jazz fan ever so that only added to it. Last season they made it to the Conference Semis and lost to the eventual champs the Spurs.

This season they look solid and I think they can become an elite team. Deron Williams had a career high 35 pts tonight against the Lakers and made Fisher look like he was in cement as he blew by him again and again. BTW, I did not like all the Fisher booing, thought it was uncalled for and in bad taste for a high character guy. Plus I think its better for the Jazz having Brewer step up and he is playing fantastic. Right now he is 2nd in the league in steals. Last year I called for more Brewer now we are seeing the benefits. Boozer is 3rd in the league in scoring and is really playing well. But the big deal is Andei Kirilenko.

During the summer Andrei spouted off that he wanted to be traded and most people were all for it, but luckily it did not happen. Andrei worked it out with Sloan, who now must praise him as much as he criticizes him(although if he keeps playing like tonight 20pts, 11 R, 11 A, 6 Steals, 4 blocks I can't imagine what he would say). He looks like the Andrei of a few years ago. He really is an x factor that can change a game, series, or even season. If they can keep him healthy, look out.

Memo hasn't played real well. Millsap does fine when he has the minutes. Hart is playing better although not real well yet. Harpring can really add a spark, glad to see Giricek never sniff the court. Price could be a sparkplug like Dee Brown was, and Fesenko definitely needs more minutes--he can have Collins. I amazed with Jerry Sloan he is really becoming an elite coach. I have always liked him but didn't like his refusal to do certain things, but he is letting the guys play and but making them play effectively.

It was fun to watch them destroy the Lakers, and yes I will rub it in those little 13 yr olds faces that cheer for the bandwagon Kobe team. This season is looking to be real fun.

No comments: