


One of my favorite people at our school is our head custodian, Aziz. He is really a fun guy. So when I heard it was his 50th birthday and a surprise party at that, I wanted to be there. His wife had him running out and about so that all the guests could hide in the basement.
He was really surprised when he came down and realized what was going on. Having had a surprise party I know it is a weird feeling and kinda throws you off. He was genuinely happy as you can tell by his smile. Aziz is a big Jazz fan so we have always had a lot to discuss.
Before Aziz got there I was outside with Stephanie waiting for Jared, Tanya, and Aaron to arrive. Stephanie mentioned that she knew the guy across the street. Right then a guy came out with the largest great dane I have ever seen. Admittedly I am smitten by the danes. Ever since seeing Swiss Family Robinson I have wanted one. So I couldn't resist. I went over and talked to the guy about his dog. This would turn out to be a problem later on. Inadvertantly I let it slip that we were at a party for Aziz, (we were wearing name tags). Well when Aziz got home this guy who turns out to be his bishop came over and asked what was going on. You can see where this could be trouble. Aziz kinda brushed him off and said that he was going to find out what was going on. He came downstairs and SURPRISE! I have to think though that I caused that to happen, had I not talked to the guy(bishop) he never would have talked to Aziz and asked what was going on.
When Aziz got down the stairs and stood in utter shock, a wheelchair was used to push him around. He got a cane with rear view mirror and horn as well. It was a fun time. Glad to be there for Aziz.
No comments:
Post a Comment