On the voucher issue, my friend Jared (yea that's weird, calling your friend by your first name) blogged about this issue in a nice thougtful blog. Here is the link
All I am going to say on the issue is why should I use my tax money to pay for kids to go to private schools when they can go free to public schools?
As far as lowering student to teacher ratio that is another problem that needs to be looked at. This is a real problem, I am not sure who is at fault or how to attack the problem, but it needs to be addressed. I have 37 7th graders in my Utah Studies class right now.
After getting on Utah's Right-the site that shows you how much public officials make I was shocked to see how much some people are making. Some people make more than I thought some not as much. If you look me up you will see of all educators I am one of the only smart teachers;)
The Jazz own the Warriors. They won four of five in the playoffs and now two straight. Deron Williams was unbelievable tonight. Actually all the Jazz players were, the team shot 63% for the game and 12-16 three pointers. Ronnie Brewer is fulfilling all the hype I have given him. I may have to start the Brewer and Boozer club. I like having the Boozer jersey and knowing that everyone knows I don't imbibe, but I think that's why I like it.
Navy beat Notre Dame ending a 43 year drought. Notre Dame's coach Weis made one of the worst decisions in the history of sports by not kicking the field goal at the end of regulation, instead his qb was sacked and they lost in overtime. Not even Crowton was that stupid--at least I think he wasn't
The other day at dinner Porter said he was going to be me for Halloween. We were all interested as to how he would do this. He then said that he was going to eat a lot and watch football. Kid knows his dad.
During the Office they have shown Bee Movie TV Juniors. These are the worst ads I have ever seen for a movie of any sort. Janalynn has said she will never watch the movie(not that we were planning on it) and the ads have actually made me question Seinfeld's funniness. Was it him or Larry David?
The 8-0 Patriots are playing the 7-0 Colts. I don't ever remember a game of this magnitude in the regular season. It has the potential to be great. It is at Indy and the Colts are the champs, but the Patriots are really upset and killing teams this year. I am excited to see how this unfolds, since I am a fan of neither team, I don't care about outcome, save it would be nice to see one of these teams go undefeated just so I don't have to see the stupid 72 Dolphins anymore. I must add that I enjoy watching the Patriots they are so good they are just fun to watch. And my Rams are horrible so I need some pro team to enjoy.

Guitar Hero 3 is amazing. Maybe the greatest game of all time. I played it last night at my friend Aaron's house after the party. It took every ounce of self control to not go out and buy it today. If you haven't rocked out yet, what are you waiting for. As Jack Black would say "Lets get Rockin'"
1 comment:
I shouldn't have started looking up salaries. There are some things you're better off not knowing.
Post a Comment